Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sarah Jessica Parker Celebrates Mother’s Day Weekend With The Fam

It’s been a few months since we’ve checked in with Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick and their beautiful children so what better time to see how the family is doing than on Mother’s Day weekend! When last we saw photos of the twin girls Marion Loretta Elwell and Tabitha Hodge, the little ones were not [...]

Yesterday was a very bizzy, very full, VERY FUN day for David and me. In the afternoon, we were invited to our friends Tom and Patrick’s home for their Kentucky Derby party where we got to eat, drink and be merry with a group of their friends. Last night, David and I made our way to The Forum in Inglewood, CA for my 6th Prince concert of his 21 Nite Stand residency here in LA. ‘Twas a fantastically fun and surprisingly profitable day for the two of us :D Read below for the deets.




Along with food, drink and comradery, there was also betting available at Tom & Patrick’s party. I put my money on the horses Pants on Fire and Watch Me Go … neither of which were even close to winning. David put his money on Comma on Top … at first. Before the race started, I noticed that no one bet on Animal Kingdom … so I told David, who was standing by the betting wall, to put some money on Animal Kingdom … he did and we won $100! I am not a gambling man … but winning the pot of cash yesterday gave me some keen insight as to why gamblers like to gamble ;)


After the party, we rested for a bit before hittin’ the road to see Prince in concert again:




What can I say … another fantastic show. Former Pussycat Doll and soon-to-be X Factor host Nicole Scherzinger was a nice surprise and Adam Lambert got brought up on stage to do some dancing with His Purple Majesty. Last night was one of those shows where the encores just kept coming. I’d say 80% of the audience left before the absolute finale encore at the very end. Here is the full setlist from last night’s show …


Setlist:


D.M.S.R.

Pop Life

Musicology

Tighten Up

Shhh

U Will Be With Me

The Glamorous Life (Sheila E on vocals)

Take Me With U

Eye’ll Never B Another Fool (Nicole Scherzinger on vocals)

Hollywood/Inglewood Swinging

Fantastic Voyage

Play That Funky Music

Love Rollercoaster

Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) (Sly and the Family Stone cover)

Raspberry Beret

Cream

Cool

Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough (Michael Jackson cover)

Rude Boy (Rihanna cover)

Make You Feel My Love

Purple Rain


Encore 1:


Let’s Go Crazy

Delirious

1999

Controversy

Housequake


Encore 2 – Samples set:


When Doves Cry

Nasty Girl (snippet)

Sign O The Times

The Most Beautiful Girl In The World (snippet)

Darling Nikki (snippet dedicated to Nicole Scherzinger)

Single Ladies (snippet)

Gett Off (Housestyle) (snippet)

I Would Die 4 U


Encore 3:


If I Was Your Girlfriend

Kiss


Encore 4:


A Love Bizarre (with Sheila E)


David and I had a BLAST! Thus far, I have 6 of Prince‘s 21 shows under my belt … and I’m planning on being in attendance for the 3 new shows coming up next weekend. It is a CRAZY privilege to get to see Prince perform so many shows like this. I was so jealous that London got to enjoy 21 nights of Prince a few years ago … I’m gonna do my best to attend every show possible :D


Tonight, I’m meeting up with Darion and Sebastian to see Thor in IMAX 3D again … I enjoyed the film so much, I can’t wait to see it again.



Happy Mother’s Day
to all y’all today … I hope you have a fantastic Sunday!!!




Patrick Heron
Poulet à la sauce cumin
Charlie Chaplin
fraud
Mark Rothko

No comments:

Post a Comment